Jan Jurczak (b. 1996 in Krakow) is a graduate of the physical therapy programme at the University of Physical Education in Krakow (2015–2017), the Institute of Philosophy and Sociology of the Pedagogical University of Krakow (2017–2018), and the Sputnik Photos mentorship programme (2018). Jurczak has been involved with a number of long-term documentary projects in Poland and abroad (in Ukraine, Armenia, and Spain, to name a few), based in between Krakow and Warszawa. In 2017 and 2018 he worked with Ukrainian locals living near the frontlines in the eastern portions of the country. He recently launched a project exploring the interactions between man and nature. Has loved climbing with his friends since childhood. As Jan works non-limited hours, he is potentially flexible in providing his expertise to various projects and activities.
- Sputnik Photos Mentorship Programme (2017-2018),
- Blowphoto Fuse Residency (special prize workshops in Dublin, 2019),
- World Press Photo Joop Swart Masterclass (shortlisted).
- Krakow Photomonth Showoff (group exhibition in Kraków, 26.05.2019),
- Pix House Talent of the Year (solo exhibition in Poznań, 2019),
- Otwarty Jazdów (duo exhibition in Warszawa, 2019),
- Śmierć Człowieka (solo exhibition in Warszawa, 2019),
- Sputnik Photos Mentorship Programme (group exhibitions, 2019).
- Krakow Photomonth Showoff (laureate),
- Pix House Talent of the Year (laureate),
- The EPF Fujifilm/Young Talent Award 2018 (shortlisted),
- Krzysztof Miler’s contest (finalist),
- Grand Press Photo 2018 (finalist).
Press, Publications, Interviews: