Jan Jurczak (b. 1996 in Krakow) is a graduate of the physical therapy programme at the University of Physical Education in Krakow (2015–2017), the Institute of Philosophy and Sociology of the Pedagogical University of Krakow (2017–2018), and the Sputnik Photos mentorship programme (2018). Jurczak has been involved with a number of long-term documentary projects in Poland and abroad (in Ukraine, Armenia, and Spain, to name a few), based in between Krakow and Warszawa. In 2017 and 2018 he worked with Ukrainian communities located near the frontlines in the eastern portions of the country. He recently launched a project exploring the interactions between man and nature. Has loved climbing with his friends since childhood. As Jan works non-limited hours, he is potentially flexible in providing his expertise to various projects and activities.
- Sputnik Photos Mentorship Programme (2017-2018),
- Blowphoto Fuse Residency (special prize workshops in Dublin, 2019),
- World Press Photo Joop Swart Masterclass (shortlisted).
- Portfolio Days & Night (Centre National de l'Audiovisuel in Luxembourg, 2019).
- Krakow Photomonth Showoff Section (group exhibition in Kraków, 25.05-23.06 2019),
- Pix House Gallery - Talent of the Year (solo exhibition in Poznań, 3.06-8.06 2019),
- Sputnik Photos Mentorship Programme (group exhibitions in Warszawa, Gdańsk, Kraków, 2019).
- Krakow Photomonth Showoff (laureate),
- Pix House Talent of the Year (laureate),
- The EPF Fujifilm/Young Talent Award 2018 (shortlisted),
- Krzysztof Miler’s contest (finalist),
- Grand Press Photo 2018 (finalist).
Press, Publications, Interviews: