Jan Jurczak (b. 1996 in Krakow) has finished courses on Institute of Philosophy and Sociology of the Pedagogical University of Krakow (2017–2018), graduated from Sputnik Photos Mentorship Programme (2017-2018), recently he started to study on Institute of Creative Photography, Opava, Czech Republic. Jurczak has been involved with a number of long-term documentary projects in Poland and abroad (in Ukraine, Armenia, and Spain). In 2017 and 2018 he worked with Ukrainian communities located near the frontlines in the eastern portions of the country. He recently launched a project exploring the interactions between man and nature. Has loved climbing with his friends since childhood.
- Talent of the Year - Pix House Gallery (Poznań, 3.06-8.06 2019),
- WHEN THE WAR IS NOT OVER - Nośna Gallery (Kraków, 10.10-27.10 2019).
- Krakow Photomonth Showoff (Kraków, 25.05-23.06 2019),
- Swatki vol.1 - Dom Kultury na Jazdowie (Warszawa, 14.09-22.09 2019),
- Sputnik Photos Mentorship Programme (Warszawa, Gdańsk, Kraków, 2019),
- Grand Press Photo 2018.
- Sputnik Photos Mentorship Programme (2017-2018),
- Blowphoto Fuse Residency (special prize workshops in Dublin, 2019),
- World Press Photo Joop Swart Masterclass (shortlisted),
- Portfolio Days & Night (Centre National de l'Audiovisuel in Luxembourg, 2019).
- Krakow Photomonth Showoff (laureate),
- Pix House Talent of the Year (laureate),
- The EPF Fujifilm/Young Talent Award 2018 (shortlisted),
- Krzysztof Miler’s contest (finalist),
- Grand Press Photo 2018 (finalist).
Press, Publications, Interviews: